MBA@IITM has been designed keeping in view today's dynamic business environment, and the consequent need to develop unique, young management talent to work proactively in this environment - talent that will respond as well as steer the dynamics.
The programme structure and curriculum have been designed after a detailed study of some of the best B-schools worldwide. A few pioneering innovations have also been made in the programme. The highlights are presented below:
The batch sizes are in the range of 50 to 60 students, handpicked from over twenty five thousand applicants who sit for the grueling national-level Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET) conducted by the IITs and IISc. The small batch size enables our faculty to give personalized attention to our students, and build a warm culture of group-work in the Department.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) of IIT Madras is a two-year, full-time, eight quarter programme aimed at training graduates into capable managers
Eligibility Criteria for MBA at IIT MadrasThe minimum academic qualifications to apply for admission to the MBA Programme at IIT Madras are as follows:
1. B.E./ B.Tech. (or equivalent) with First Class (or equivalent) from a recognized Institution or University.
2. A Masters degree with First Class (or equivalent) in any discipline from a recognized Institution or University.
3. Final year students are also eligible to apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally, on the condition that they complete all requirements for the qualifying degree before the start of the programme and produce provisional certificate of completion within two months of joining the programme.
Selection Procedure for the MBA @ IIT Madras
Admission to the MBA Programme at IIT Madras is achieved through a two step process.
The final selection will be based on
- The first step is the Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET) / CAT.
- The second step of the selection process consists of a group-task and personal Interview.The results of the JMET/CAT are used to short-list candidates for this step.
- Approximately 87 students will admitted into the MBA programme. A maximum of 10 seats are earmarked for candidates sponsored by industry/ business organizations and NRI/ foreign students. Seats are reserved for OBC,SC, ST and PH candidates as per the rules of Government of India.
- The performance in JMET / CAT
- The performance in the interviews and the group task
- The previous academic performance
- Work experience, if any
Candidates may be sponsored by their employers to pursue an MBA at IIT Madras. They must have a minimum of two years of work experience in the sponsoring organisation. These candidates are exempted from the JMET. They will be selected on the basis of their performance in the interview & group task and a separate written test
NRIs and Foreign Nationals
NRIs and Foreign Nationals should forward their application through proper channel. They are exempted from the JMET, the interview and the group task. They will be selected on the basis of
They also have to submit copies of their citizenship-related documents while applying for the programme
- their GMAT score
- their academic record
- letters of reference and
- work experience, if any
Database Management Systems
Software Engineering and Project Management
Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Data warehousing and Mining
IT Systems Management
IT Strategies/E-Business Strategies
Decision Support Systems
Process Modelling and Analysis
Geographic Information Systems
Simulation Modelling and Analysis
Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
Only those candidates who have successfully qualified at JMET examination, the result of which is expected to be announced in January, will be eligible to apply. Candidates are eligible to apply through CAT also. The application, duly filled in and signed, must be received latest by January end. After receipt of applications, a shortlist will be prepared. The short listed candidates will be called for interview and group task at IIT Madras in March.
List of recruiters
- Infiniti Research
- CocaCola, India
- Brakes India etc…
Department of Management Studies (Indian Institute of Technology Madras)
Chennai - 600 036, INDIA i,
Phone: +91-44-2257 4550
Fax: +91-44-2257 4552
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org